You will have your own supervising social worker who will guide you through the fostering process, and assist you with any subsequent placements you may have. Our dedicated team will also provide you with 24 hour support, 365 days of the year. Our training team programme is comprehensive and delivered locally by our team of specialist trainers, and you will also have access to our network of carer support groups – a great peer support service. With the Kindercare you are never alone – you will be part of the wider team of professionals who work together to improve the life chances and quality of life of a foster child. We understand that many looked after children have complex needs which can be challenging for our foster carers to deal with, this is why we invest a great deal in ensuring you have the right support and training.
Listed below is the support you will receive as a foster carer with the Kindercare:
- Supervising Social Worker: You will be allocated a SSW who is there to provide support whenever you need it, you will have regular visits and phone calls and they are there 24/7 for you to contact.
- Regional Management Team: Our Regional Managers and Team managers are here to support your SSW and our foster carers in providing quality care for our children and young people.
- Carer Mentors: Experienced foster carers responsible for mentoring and supporting our current foster carers.
- Support Groups: Peer to peer support held locally for you to discuss issues with local social workers and also other foster carers within your area.
- Support Service: For some fostering specialism’s we can provide additional professional support services to assist you, this can include the use of local support workers.
- Foster Talk: All our foster carers are members of Foster Talk, an independent organisation providing quality professional support to foster carers.
- Regional Trainers: Responsible for providing you with appropriate training to help you acquire the specific skills required to look after local children and young people.
- Kindercare Senior Management Team: Our senior managers travel around the country attending carer consultations that allows them to discuss local and national issues with our foster carers.